Thursday, September 23, 2010

Should I Stay or Should I Go? Part 1

Although this whole story has played out already, I still wanted to share the latest decision I had to make in regards to my employment. Around the time I applied for my current job as a Family Advocate, I also apply for a job with the federal government that a good friend of mine told me about. After I interviewed for the Family Advocate position, but before I heard whether or not I had gotten the job, I was invited to interview for the fed job. About two weeks into working at my current job I was asked to come in to interview for the other position.

Of course I aced the interview, and a week later they are offering me the position! Wow!!! How awesome is that?! To go from having no job(for lack of better words--being underemployed) to having two jobs is a wonderful feeling and absolutely solidified that all my fervent prayers were heard--all I had to do was wait on the Lord!

I thanked God for giving me the gift of choice and got to work trying to make a decision about whether I should stay in my current job, where I have been for less than 3 weeks or split and go work for the feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment