Monday, December 20, 2010

Should I Stay or Should I Go Part 3

After nights of tossing and turning and literally changing my mind every five minutes for 3 days, I decided to go. I chose to switch jobs and go work for the feds for a number of reasons. The first and most important was the money. The opportunity to almost double your salary is a hard thing to turn down....

The second reason I decided to switch positions was the opportunity for advancement within a field as grand-scale as the federal government. Hopefully, after gaining permanency within the federal government I will be able to transfer my skills and passions to a department that would better utilize my abilities and further elevate me towards my goal of helping young adults and working to improve the mental health of our young people.

I plan to enroll in grad school next year, in fact I'm working on my applications now. If I am able to start Fall 2011, I will be able to work and go to school at the same time. this will allow me to stay better focused toward my goal.

I absolutely, do not want to get comfortable in this position. I can not forget that I have dreams that go further than where I am now. I thank God for the opportunity to be where I am now, but I look forward to further blessing people in my field of interest. :)

Did I sell myself? Just a little bit. But I plan on buying every part of myself back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment