Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Still Here

been scared and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,

Looks like between 'em they done
Tried to make me

Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'--
But I don't care!
I'm still here!

Still Here-Langston Hughes

I was really inspired by this poem because it really relates to how I feel right now. Things have not gone my way; life has not turned out the way I expected, but I'm still here.
It is so easy to get caught up in all the negativity and the things that have not gone the way we wished, but take a second, think about and you will realize there is so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful to still be alive and well, I'm thankful for every tear I ever cried because each one represented the pain and frustration that I was letting go of. I'm stronger because I have overcome. And I thank God for that everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment