Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Favorite Season Brings New Fashion Trends

As autumn quickly approaches, it's time to say goodbye to summer barbeque's and heat stroke. Ok ok I know I'm a little premature, but I'm so excited for fall!! I love everything about the colors, patterns, and silhouettes that hit the runway for Fall season.

Here's one trend I was ecstatic to hear about--60's inspired dresses!!Now anyone who knows me knows that I was born in the wrong era. I should have been a teenager in the 50s and a young adult in the 60s. I love those periods in American history...everything from the fashion, to the lingo, to culture. Everyone was fighting for what they passionately believed in and as cultural changes drove our nation to war--both domestically and internationally--people did their best to make the lives they wanted to live...
Ok, but on to the fashion:

Louis Vuitton A/W 2010

Full figured 60s dress. Loving the tan combined with florals very feminine, which i LOVE.

Jayson Brunsdon, S/S 2010

How inno-cexy is this dress? I love white dresses and this one has the air of being wearable all year long. It's very Betty Draper(yes that was a Mad Men reference...you don't think this trend just came out of nowhere do you).

L'Wren Scott, S/S 2010

OK, so how could I not love this dress? It's my favorite color and I very much appreciate the contrast of seductive and innocuous. The baby girl collar and sleeves, below the knee hemline, combined with the curve-hugging fit of the dress is so refreshing, yet timeless.

I'm so excited for this season's newest looks and trends, most of which I won''t partake in but it's like I say: Fashion is art. I can appreciate even if I don't own the portrait. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment