Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Day of the Decade

How did it happen? I spent my high school years in this decade... my college years too. I guess the 2000s was my decade of youth.

Tomorrow, we enter the teens and a new decade of scandal, celebrations, breakthroughs, enlightenment, and only God knows what else.

We came really far as a people this past 10 years. We have our very first black president. We lost the greatest musical talent of our generation. We voted in an incompetent president(twice). I graduated(twice). My generation entered the "real world". A pop princess lost her mind...and got it back. America went to war. We entered a recession. I started a blog.

It's been a whirlwind of memories. How will we define this next decade? I don't know, but I'm going in...no fear. I've got my beat up laptop, my purple pumps, my goals and aspirations. Grab your gear. Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment