Monday, December 27, 2010

What More?

Now that I am gainfully employed, I'm all good now, right?
Wrong.

There is so much my job doesn't do for me. From provide a venue for me to truly unleash my inner fashionista to offer an opportunity for me to give back to the community. Soo....I've been looking into places to volunteer. I, of course, rely on the most comprehensive non-profit search site I know of, Idealist.org.

I love that you can search by job openings, volunteer opportunities, and organizations. It's funny how it's so easy to find volunteering opps in comparison to jobs, but I suppose that makes sense: who doesn't want someone to do work for them for free? There are a couple of options I'm looking into and I can't wait to find something that offers me a chance to help others in a field that I hope to further pursue--mental health.

What can I say? I'm a giver. Lol no, but really, I believe everyone should spend even a little bit of time doing something that will benefit others. I think as we get older, life and all our own problems(bills, family issues, time schedule, etc)get in the way of our giving back to the community.

What do you think, should more people find ways to do community service even as they get older?

No comments:

Post a Comment