Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rihanna's Side

After obviously being Team Chris for so long, I figured I should look at the other side. Here is Rih Rih's interview with Diane Sawyer on 20/20. To be perfectly honest, this is the first time I've ever heard Rihanna speak...I didn't even know she had an accent(lovin it though)

Her interview definitely shed more light on the situation. I'm glad she left C Breezy and I do truly hope someone can learn from her experience.




Still, I question Rihanna's motives on giving this exclusive interview now, when her album is soon to drop. I don't mind her giving the interview and telling her side of what Chris Brown did to her, but I just hope that she is genuine when she says she is speaking to help other domestic violence victims. And not just garner sympathy sales.






"Eff love." Now that's a valuable lesson right there. I'm glad she said that part.

It is because these two are stars that the whole thing has just turned into this incredible spectacle where ordinary people are defending abusers(i.e. me....hey I know I'm wrong...I just can't help it)and victims who may or may not be ready to talk about the abuse are not only doing so, but picking up the torch as advocate for victims of domestic abuse. She's quite the articulate young woman and I wish her the best of luck. I just hope she's not trying to turn tragedy into profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment