Thursday, September 10, 2009

Me Labro un Porvenir (Workin on My Future)

Is it normal to be this indecisive about everything in life right now? First I was positive that I wanted to go to law school, then I wanted a Masters in Criminology, now I'm thinking a PsyD in Clinical Psychology. Then I saw a program at University of Southern California to get a dual degree with a Masters in Social Work and a JD....

I'm kind of leaning towards the latter.

Ughhh! It's so frustrating at times being so unsure about what path I want to take to make a difference on this Earth. But I've talked to so many people who feel the exact same way which is pretty relieveing in that I know that I'm not alone.

Nevertheless, I feel truly blessed that I can actually take time to seriously consider what to do next and go after a future that I want rather than have a future forced upon me. So many people, especially women of color, of the past had few choices in terms of what was available to them, and I am grateful that my problem is that I have too many options. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment