Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thirsty?

A few days ago, my younger brother said to me; "Nobody wants to be friends with an alcoholic". Now I don't really consider myself an alchie and I certainly haven't been drinking that much at home. A glass of wine here and there (or nightly) is not considered a problem....is it? But if brother has noticed enough to start commenting then, hmmm.... But in my defense, my family could drive anyone to drink.

Due to the fact that I haven't been visiting the bars recently(lack of funds, plus I'm not really much of a bar-hopper), I have kept my my drink of choice to refreshing summer wines such as chardonnays and pinots. At times I do wish I could order a gin and tonic(so very Gossip Girl). Or one of these:

3 of My Favorite Fab Drinks.....for Now


Whiskey Sour:
There's just something about Mr. Jack Daniels hooking up with some lemons and sugar that just really does it for me. I once tried to drink whiskey on the rocks, but apparently those are really left for divorced women who reek of cigarette butts working the 10pm-6am shift on the corner. Basically people with far too depressing lives. The whiskey sour, on the other hand, is a classy drink and my all time favorite.



Cosmopolitan: This was my first legally purchased drink and I must say it was a fabulous choice. A cosmo says sophisticated and classy, or you're trying really hard to be. I like to think of myself as simply upscale, but I may have just seen one Sex & the City rerun too many. These tasty drinks can come in so many different flavors, concoctions, etc, it's like a differnt drink each time(except not really). I especially like the ones with the sugar rimmed glasses. What can I say, I'm a girl.




Daiquiri: I once went on vacation to a tropical paradise where I had the most amazing mango daiquiri. It was delectable, made with fresh mangoes, and drunk on a beach while looking out at the Atlantic Ocean. I like to order these to pretend I am back on vacation, soaking up sun without a care in the world. Sigh...nothing like a cocktail made with fresh fruit...



Hmm...listing some of my favorite drinks...if that doesn't say alchie, I don't know what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment