Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just Another Day at the Salon


We had our first transgendered client(or so I thought) in to get his hair done in our signature twists. It is Atlanta, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

Each stylist and client seemed to have a different reaction to the guy. Some were curious, others tried futilely to hide averse feelings. I for one was quite curious because I couldn't help wondering why this guy doing a girl's hairdo had a mustache and beard.

Man by day, woman by night, perhaps?

Having booked his appointment, I was expecting a he/she to walk in very flamboyant and ready to be kinkified(b/c our hairdos are kinky and sexy); however he had a low-key demeanor and actually seemed a bit nervous. I guess it must always be a tough situation when you, as a man, go into a salon to get your hair done.

But anyway, after awhile, I realized that he was not doing the style I thought--he was getting extensions for a mohawk. So I guess he wasn't transgendered....?

No comments:

Post a Comment